Chocolate oat lime tart
- For the Base
- 2tbsp raw cacao powder
- 150g Nairn's oatcakes (Nairn's rough or gluten free original)
- 100g soft pitted dates
- 2tbsp melted coconut butter
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon
- For the Filling
- 2 ripe avocados
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 40g raw cacao powder
- 140g honey, sweet freedom or agave nectar
- 100g coconut butter, melted
- Grated lime zest to decorate
In food processor process the oatcakes with the cacao powder until very fine. Add the dates, coconut butter, vanilla and cinnamon and process to combine.
Grease a spring form 20cm / 8 inch cake tin. Press the crust into the pan to form a base.
In a high speed blender or food processor place all the filling ingredients and process until thick and creamy. Pour over the base and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until firm.
Scatter over a little grated lime zest to decorate
Cut into slices and accompany with some fresh berries to serve.