Millionaire Shortbread with Oat Flour
- 120g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g of Nairn's Oats flour (oats milled in blender)
- 50g of cornflour
- 1 tbsp potato starch or tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tin ready made caramel
- 80g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4 and grease or line a 20cm by 15cm deep baking tin
2. Cream the Butter and Sugar together for 3 mins with a whisk
3. Using a fine sieve, sieve all the flours together into the butter and sugar mix
4. Whisk until forms a dough, it should look like fine breadcrumbs
5. Using flour on your hands bring together the dough to form a ball
6. Press the dough into the tin making sure it covers the bottom and dot with a fork into the shortbread mix
7. Bake in the oven for 30 mins
8. Remove and allow to cool for 30 mins
9. Cover in a layer of 1/2 cm thick caramel
10. Place in the fridge to set for 10 mins, meanwhile melt the dark chocolate and then pour on top of the caramel, making sure it completely covers.
11. I did some feathering here with Nutella in a piping bag and a toothpick
12. Refrigerate for an hour and then slice with a knife - with a heated blade on the gas so the chocolate doesn't crack.
14. Enjoy and try not to eat all at once!