Pecan and Butterscotch Oat Flour Cookies
- 175g Nairn's gluten free Scottish porridge oats
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100g margarine
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- Pecan nuts to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan) and grease two large baking trays.
2. Pop the gluten free oats into a blender and pulse until they're ground into a flour-like consistency.
3. Place the margarine, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl and beat until combined.
4. Fold in the flour and baking powder then use your fingers to work the dough until it’s all combined.
5. Divide the dough into golf ball sized balls (there should be enough for 12-15), place on the baking try and lightly press down. Pop a pecan on top of each one.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown then remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Enjoy with a cuppa!