Coconut and Mango Tropical Ice Cream Sandwich
- 250g fresh mango, chopped into small chunks
- 1 can condensed milk*
- 600ml double cream
- Nairn’s Coconut & Chia Oat Biscuits
- 50g desiccated coconut, toasted
- Zest of one lime
- Place the mango in a large bowl and use a hand blender or food processor to process until smooth.
- Add a can of condensed milk to the mango pulp and use electric beaters to whip up the mixture for a couple of minutes until lighter and slightly fluffier.
- In a separate large bowl, whip the cream until it resembles soft peaks (be careful not to overwhip).
- Add a spoonful of the whipped cream to the mango mixture, slowly folding it through and taking care to remove any lumps. Keep adding a spoonful at a time until all the whipped cream is incorporated (this can take up to 5 minutes so be patient).
- Once all the double cream has been folded through, pour the mixture into a container lined with clingfilm and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or ideally overnight.
- The next day, remove the ice cream from the freezer for 10 minutes before placing a large scoopful in between two Nairn’s Coconut & Chia Oat Biscuits. Gently press the biscuits together taking care not to break them and return to the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime zest with the toasted desiccated coconut.
- After 15 minutes, roll the outer edges of each biscuit in the desiccated coconut mixture and enjoy.
*TIP: keep the condensed milk in the fridge so it is easier to whip up
Recipe by @bethanyfergusonfoodstyling